 People / 4131
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 01:13:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ...
Are you lumping into that those that are really saying,

Well, I wasn't going through the posts saying mentally "that one, and that
one, and that one..." and categorising who was saying what, and how. No
intentional lumping going on.

"Lugnet is about Lego,
and homesexual, heterosexual, transsexual, etc. really has nothing to do • with
Lego"?

Many other things on LUGNET have nothing to do with LEGO. Birth
announcements in .people, for example. But many people like to see them and
respond to them because it makes us feel more like a community. I don't
believe that LUGNET would be the kind of place it is if we really limited
ourselves ONLY to LEGO-related discussions: and in practice, we don't, as
seen when 9-11 happened.

An LGBT group for lego-related discussion, to my mind, is a group of
lego-fans who also share another specific - sometimes seen pejoratively -
life circumstance and want a way to find others who share that life
circumstance, without having to go through the possible hassles of others
who regard their life-circumstance as something to be deplored. You may not
meet any of those others, Bruce, (the ones doing the deploring, I mean) but
they are unfortunately out there, and they are on LUGNET too.

I'm starting to see spin-mastering on this topic that I don't foresee as
conducive to the discussion.

Gosh. I don't think I'd know a spin-master if it came up and bit me :-)

You need to state then precisely what kind of forum is being proposed: is • it an
on-topic forum about Lego but for gays/etc. to discuss Lego because they • don't
feel comfortable discussing Lego with non-gays?  Is it a forum to discuss • Lego
projects in whatever form that directly deal with gay subjects?  Is it an
off-topic forum that really has nothing to do with Lego beyond the • participants
allegedly fool around with Lego at least a little?  Is it a social club?

I don't know yet what it would be, and nor do the people who are saying it
shouldn't exist. So far, we haven't managed to have much discussion at all
about what form a Lavender Brick Society could take, because the first few
Teddy's original post) and how being LGBT had nothing to do with LEGO and
how there shouldn't be a LUGNET group. Everything else has unfortunately
gotten lost. Who knows what's happening behind the scenes though :-)

And what does "the majority" have to do with it?  Todd Lehman decides • unless he
has delegated that authority to someone else or has formed some kind of • small
committee, because I guarentee you I don't have a vote in the matter at the
moment.  :-)

My "majority" comment was more about what happens in the wide world outside
LUGNET, and comparing the responses I've seen on this thread to that. Of
course in this case Todd will decide, as is his right.

Kevin
Farmhouse kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-farm.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm