 People / 3668
Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.people, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.people, David Schwanke writes:
The main reason why I am not taking this to lugnet debate is because..
A) Its not yet a debate. No one has given any counter arguments save very
nice 'go away's.

In fairness to the readship, it's not yet a debate because you haven't yet
moved to off-topic.debate.

I'm not as compartmentalized a dork here as some, but with every post I
read in this thread I only restrain myself from saying "take it to ot.debate"
for the same reason given to you by others and by Dave!

B) Ive been told that if I open this topic up there I am liable to never
want to come back to lugnet again.

It's a real lions' den to walk into, that's for sure.  Not for the faint of
heart, but if your faith can handle some vigorous argument then you should
be fine.

.people is right on topic because the whole point of faith in Christ is the
person and their personal relationship with Christ.

Unfortunately, while it's on-topic for Christ and his friends, it can be
perceived as decidedly off-topic by LUGNET members at large, especially those
among us who do not share your faith.
Why not move it to lugnet.off-topic.fun, if you're not comfortable in
debate?

The whole thing does belong somewhere in ot.  Personally I don't think
there's enough levity in these posts for ot.fun, but it's probably best to
take it there for now and expect a few one liners and quips from people
trying to lighten it up.  And I would lurk in ot.debate and maybe read some
of the more memorable threads (I'm sure everyone has their favorites) before
I ventured in to post.  If you're prepared and can handle it you'll do all
right.  You know, like Shadrach, Meshach, and... David.  (Can't spell that last
guy's name anyway.)  :-)

(I'd trim .people off the FUT, but I want you to find this.  But I hope this
gets totally into .ot soon.)

Maggie C.