 People / 3439
Re: Top 1000 noisemakers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:09:53 GMT

What I find most bizarre is how consistent the majority of posters are, the
number of us who are within 0 or 1 of last years total is freakish. I
imagine this is mostly down to the amount of time we each have to surf Lugnet.

I'm not quite sure I follow you, but as I did the list I found _a_lot_ of
people that either did not post at all or only a few posts in 2001 that had a
fair amount of posts in 2002. Of course I took away everyone who posted less
then 50 times so the lurkers might have been lurkers in both 2001 and 2002.

I can imagine that some of the 0-1 posters that have a lot of posts in 2002
like me got their Lugnet membership in 2002 and started using the webinterface
instead of news reader.

Another good thing is the fact that those who were on the list in 2001 and got
deleted due to not being in my 2002 50 posts list almost never exceeded 10-20
posts. No bulk posters dropped out during 2001/2002 (AFAI could tell).

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)