 People / 339
338  |  340
Subject:
Blind Date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:05:44 GMT

Here's an experience from a blind date with a 41 year old blue eyed blonde ;)

Quote from general email to her friends (including me?) after date:

"Well I met the guy he was 43 going on 13. I was the first gal he had met
thru the nz dating. He was pleasant enough but not the guy for me. Hes
very much into lego so much he displays it over the country and his
number plate on his car reads I LUV LGO. Never mind there are others to
chose from including the ones on ICQ."

I think she picked up on my love of LEGO pretty well,
plus I now have an inner age for the LUGNet/RTL roll call :)
I did not mention LEGO in previous correspondence's until
arranging to meet at the restaurant car park, when I said my car is the
one with plates "I (heart symbol) LEGO". During the 2 hour lunch date
I only really mentioned LEGO for about 5 minutes. We spent most time
talking about ex's, family, dating, other interests, etc.

The moral of the story is to start the dating correspondence with
"My name is Allan and I'm an AFOL (1) :)". That should lower the
shock value and help find someone who appreciates a collector
and creative person. Maybe I should find someone who collects
and makes teddy bears :)

Reminds me of a NZ beer TV ad which goes something like this:
(old man and young man talking, young man holding photo of
gorgeous blonde)

young man: "she owns an expensive car, house,fathers rich and has
                   a box seat at the rugby but she doesn't drink Speights" (2)
.
old man: "the right woman is hard to find."

...Allan J Smith LMLML (3)

(1) Adult Fan Of LEGO
(2) All I have to do is insert "but she doesn't appreciate LEGO"
(3) Love Me, Love My LEGO :)

--
My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~allanj/