 People / 3372
Re: Lugnetter Interview Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:42:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes:
Hey gang, I have had this idea brewing for awhile and I would like to
discuss it so that with help we can evolve the idea and make it a reality.

This is something that I'm sure has been thought of before, so chime in and
let's make it happen, or at least begin ground work to give the idea direction.

Ever seen the Movie "Trekkies" (I hope I got the name right)

No, but now you have me curious.  Is it similar to the idea you've proposed?

Well we deserve a Movie sort of like that!

Imagine this:

Someone or many people - Travel from one point of the country and make stops
at the homes of members of Lugnet. The person interviews the member and we
complie the interviews into a movie!

The interviewer could stop at peoples homes, see MOC's talk to some of our
Members, get stories and thoughts about being a Lugnetter and a Lego >enthusiest.

<Remainder snipped>

Here's a slightly different way of doing kind of the same thing.

1)  Have LEGO builders video tape themselves.  They could answer questions
in headshot interviews, do voice overs of shots of their own collections,
constructions, building areas, cities, schools etc.  You would have to
decide where the LEGO part ends and where the personal side of these people
begins.  How much do you want that isn't directly related to LEGO?

2)  Have all these folks send their tapes into one person or persons who
have access to editing equipment.  Possibly someone who works in the media
industry, or just someone with too many expensive toys at home.... besides
their LEGO bricks.  :)

3)  Have that person edit the interviews etc down into a single cohesive
movie.  Ideally you've picked someone with editing abilities.  Not to be
confused with writing or directing abilities... as they are not the same.
But hopefully you find someone who understands story telling and will have
the technical know-how to also do some opening/closing credits etc and maybe
even some music.

4)  Have the tape distributed (for costs + shipping) via Bricklink or
LUGNET.  Not rocket science, but you do need to make sure everyone who wants
one can get one.

And there you have it.  Just another way of thinking of the same type of
project.  The benefit to this way is that effectively anyone who wants to
participate can send in a tape.  You aren't limited to the range that a
single person can travel.

All the best,
Allan B.