 People / 2907
2906  |  2908
Subject:
Thanks goes out to Tom Reed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:54:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I was recently in Tom Reed's neck of the woods looking for a bargain on 4651
for my son's upcoming birthday.  He'd been asking for it for about a year,
and it was a good time to get him one for his 9th birthday.  I had scanned
around central TX for a set at Target on clearance, and found some, but
elected to wait until the next round of mark-downs.  There were plenty to be
found at the initial mark-down price, but I figured I could return on the
next Wednesday and get one.  Well, I pressed my luck, and all Targets in the
area were sold out upon my return.  Dozens of sets gone in an instant.  Tom
heard of my situation and offered to bring me one of his extra 4651 sets.  I
compenstaed him for his efforts, and still received the set at a good price.
Tom understood that I wasn't looking to make an eBay killing, but rather
wanted to have one for my son.

My son sends a heartfelt thank you for Tom's efforts to keep toys in kids'
hands.  Like Tom said, us adults can fend for ourselves, but the kids can't
in many situations.  Tom saved me some money, and got a LEGO set into the
hands of an appreciative 9 year old.

Way to go, Tom!

Ed