 People / 2669
Re: GAAAH!! I'm turning into an Uncle!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 18:50:59 GMT

In lugnet.people, Matt Brooks writes:
About two weeks ago now (on the 18th of September to be exact) my sister
had her first child. A little boy named Lucas Leroy. Totally adorable
little baby boy. Last night I was hanging out at her house and he was
sitting on my lap ont he couch. I started sticking out my tongue at him,
and he started doing back. It was so cute and funny. I had to laugh out
loud.

Fun, ain't it?

Then today, as I was heading over for lunch at the local deli we go to,
I stopped by the Toyworks (as I usually do) to look for Harry Potter
Lego. There weren't any yet, but I found myself wandering over to the
Duplo section, someplace I'd never been! I started looking at the sets
and thinking about what I could get for him.... I'm already looking
forward to teaching him about Lego and playing with with him. *sigh* In
a couple of years....

What's all of this "couple of years" crap?

May I introduce you to LEGO PRIMO/BABY? There are several sets specifically
intended for newborns up (2517 My Rattle Friends, 3173 Soft Caterpillar
Teether, 2514 Activity Friends, 2503 Musical Apple, 3161  Soft Stacking Hen,
amongst others). These lead naturally into the PRIMO/BABY building sets,
which of course work with DUPLO and later SYSTEM and then TECHNIC...isn't
LEGO wonderful?

So get doing your uncle-y duties and introduce that child to LEGO...before
someone gets him a *shudder* Mega-Block baby set...

Do kids always do this to us?

Yes...yes they do...

Matt