 People / 2293
Re: Find your Birthday Buddy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:08:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
XFUT lugnet.people

Hi all!

Well, I'm sure the geeks of us all know that in a room with 30 people,
there's a fairly large chance of having two people with the same birthday.
(I can explain to the non-geeks if you really want... not now though.)

Since we are well over 1000 people (1), there have to be tons of overlaps on
birthdays. So here's my question and challange:

Does *everyone* on lugnet have someone else born on their birthday? I
predict that yes, everyone can find someone with a matching birthday.
'Course this is hard to prove, and I bet not everyone will participate in
this thread, but it's worth a shot. I'll try to keep records of this.

So if you wanna see if I'm right or if you wanna prove me wrong - reply to
this post with your birth date. Year not required, but that's up to you.
Since there are both Europeans and Americans here, please type out the name
of the month, so as to avoid confusion of day/month numbers.

----

I'll start off with my own:

June 25th (1984)

----

Out of courtesy, please snip the rest of this message!...

Thanks, and hoping I'm right,
-Shiri

(1) 1000+ members already.

Haven't seen Aug 31st, yet.... And, based on what I've seen so far, only a
couple of you are older than this old LEGO fan (1954).

Wayne