 People / 2254
Re: Birthday Mathematics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:52:53 GMT

blessing wrote:
And, obviously, if your crowd has 365 people of more, you MUST have a
common birthday somewhere.

Now that makes sence.

Except there's an "off by one error" (actually, it's an off by two, the
year has 365 or 366 days, so therefore to guarantee an overlap you must
have 367 people, unless you count Feb 29 the same as Mar 1, in which
case you only need 366 people).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com