 People / 1835
1834  |  1836
Subject:
Lodging Options for for the Lehman-Rich Wedding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:25:01 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I took on the task of trying to get some good rates for the Wedding out near
Legoland.  I wasn't super happy with the results, but I really didn't have a
lot of hard facts to drive a great deal (for arranging business meetings
it's a little easier because you KNOW whose going to come, who's paying for
it, and what everyone is expecting).  However, missing some of these facts I
went with the assumption we would need around 10-15 hotel rooms for 1-3
nights apiece.  This is probably low, I know, but better safe than sorry.
I would like to suggest we all try to stay in the same hotel.  This will
make it easier to "get together and meet" plus it will ease transportation
at times.  Carlsbad is a resort community and so lodging is fairly
expensive, I tried to find 3 different price brackets to try to accomodate
everyone, below were the best ones I could find in each bracket.  BTW, if
anyone lives near Carlsbad and knows something I don't about these hotels,
please let me know.  I only know what I was told over the phone.
The options are as follows:

INNS OF AMERICA: $70 per night.
Manager was friendly and said the rate was flat for 1-4 people per room for
either 1 king or 2 doubles.  About 2 miles from Legoland.  Not the fanciest
but how much time are we spending in our rooms anyway?
http://innsofamerica.com/sandiego.htm
http://innsofamerica.com/carlsbad.htm

HILTON GARDEN INN: $130 per night
Very business-like, which makes sense as this is a business hotel.  About 1
mile from Legoland.
http://www.hilton.com/hiltongardeninn/hotels/SANCHGI/index.html

GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES RESORT AND HOTEL: $170 per night
Nicest Hotel around, across the street from Legoland and overlooking the
"flower fields"(?).  This is a hotel and timeshare resort.
http://www.grandpacificpalisades.com/

I personally am for the Inns of America route since $$60-100/day buys a lot
of Lego, but maybe I'm just cheap.  If anyone has other suggestions I would
love to hear them.  For the record I am attending with my wife and daughter.
If other people who are coming would post how many are coming and where they
would like to stay, hopefully we'll be able to come to an agreement quickly.
Also, if you are like us and you are staying a couple extra days like we are
the Palisades has a nice local attractions page:
http://www.grandpacificpalisades.com/attractions.htm

Let me know what you think!

Matt