 People / 1819
Re: Wish me luck!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.people, Markus Wolf writes:
I must confess, I use y'all regularly (and get mocked for it)  Interestingly
enough, I've lived in Michigan all my life; nowhere close to the Mason-Dixon
line.  And my parents are immigrants from Europe, so why do I say Y'all and
refer to good people as Sir and Ma'am all the time?  There's no good reason.

Markus

Hehe..I'm from Seattle (now in Ohio) and I say Ya'll.... of course I have a
friend from Texas and I have a tendency to pick up on other people's accents
without trying. Usually it isn't bad but when a guy from Seattle spends two
weeks around someone from Calgary and starts saying "eh?" unintentionally,
it's a bit traumitizing. *LOL*

Enough about accents, eh?

GOOD LUCK SHIRI!!!!

Joel J