 People / 1466
Re: A strange paypal transaction...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:33:54 GMT

In lugnet.people, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi,

Would someone be crazy/nice enough to exchange cash for paypal funds with
me?  I know I'm asking for a lot, but I'm in Canada and transferring money
to my CC will cost me extra.  I'd rather benefit a fellow LUGNET user than
Paypal.  :)

The amount we're looking at here is between $100-$200.

Please contact me via email if you're interested.

If you aren't in a hurry, give it a month or two.  I got an announcement from
Paypal (in amonst a bunch of apologies about not being able to process
Mastercards correctly) before Christmas saying that they would be adding bank
account access for Canada "soon".  Now, if that's "soon" like the soon they
used to talk about adding international users, it's not useful.  But I suspect
that it will be faster, because currently users who only have a Mastercard
setup are *screwed*.  (Mastercard will only allow credits to your account as a
refund or account correction)

James