 People / 1384
Re: On the road again....shuffle off to Buffalo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:54:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In 48 hours I will be leaving Syracuse and moving...
Unfortunately, the bulk of my collection is going into storage while I
shuttle between Rochester and Buffalo.
(looking for a new career, apartment, starting over etc.)

Well, it took over 4 days just to pack my Lego away into 12 18-gallon bins
and a dozen large boxes...(and I still keep finding odels tucked away here
and there = )

You never really know/comprehend the size of your collection til you have to
move it all somewhere else ...makes you wanna unload some of your horde
=8^o "o my!"

Hopefully this isn't the beginning of a Dark Age, but it certainly will be a
"brown out".  (I am still hoping to pick up a couple SW sets to "fiddle
with" while I travel.)

I have some trades to conclude and a couple dozen auctions to run and then I
will most likely be functionally off-line for quite awhile...
(til I can set up my webtv or access a relative's computer.)

I have truly enjoyed my time here on Lugnet.  It has been an honor and a
pleasure to interact with all the AFOLs from all over the world.  I look
forward to the day I can continue my projects, contribute to CW again, and
update my webpage (I will probably keep paying my webtv fee to keep my
website online for awhile)

If you have to contact me...please e-mail me at the above e-mail address and
I will return your message ASAP.

Good Luck to you all...

Happy Holidays!

               Keep on buildin'

                       johnNYblaze44
                (...going Elvis for awhile)

You may want to consider setting up an email at yahoo or excite or hotmail
or lycos.  Libraries in Greensboro (NC) all have free internet access.  NY
libraries must also. This way you could still check mail from time to time
and post.  Time will be in short supply for you, but knowing you can still
be in contact if you choose even if you don't utilize it might make the
break more bearable.

Wishing you only the best!
sheree