 People / 134
133  |  135
Subject:
Saying Hello (LUGNET Roll-Call)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:57:01 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego <Modified> Roll Call Form (Version 3.1)
Name: John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: varies widely.  Was called a "35
year-old midget" when I was 10; now that I'm actually approaching 35,
sometimes I'm 10 inside... other days, I'm 65!
Location: San Jose, California, USA
E-mail Address: ladasky@my-deja.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none yet
Marital Status: Married
Children: one son, Spencer, born March 22, 1996 (presently 3 1/2)
Occupation: Postdoctoral research scientist, Stanford University Medical
Center, Palo Alto, CA
On Lugnet Since: first post today -- I've been lurking since September
1999.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~30 (part of my collection was inherited,
with no instructions), plus some parts purchased in auctions
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 3 (but two are Xmas gifts for my kid,
and the third I'll get around to opening any day now...)
# of LEGO Pieces: ~7,500 (not that many, actually)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Farm Set (190)
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Town, Castle
Favorite Set(s): I have to choose ONE?  I can't!  Let's call it a tie
between the Classic Space Cruiser (487) and the famous Yellow Castle
(375 -- I have two of these).
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): no preferences
Set/theme you would like to see: a reasonable-looking, 6-stud wide
automobile that accomodates two minifigs side-by-side, rather than one
behind the other.  (I'm working on this problem myself...)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: 56-stud x 36-stud "Black Ship" space vessel
with shuttlecraft built as an early teen, years before Blacktron

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: My wonderful wife, Irene; my budding LEGO
maniac of a son, Spencer, who has given me the excuse to play again; all
manner of scientific disciplines (including the one that pays my bills,
namely immunology); music, as a listener, player, and composer;
politics.