 People / 1084
  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) As is mine. Todd has one opinion of where that is. Some people think it is too strict. Some are happy. I wonder if any think it is too lenient? (...) I know it is affecting me. Todd sent me a new password and I set two more that hopefully I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) I didn't plan for that. In the beginning, I honestly didn't think that anyone would ever forget their password (or at least not have it written down somewhere that they could find it). I'll have to come up with something. Since the pw's are (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) No that would work, I wrote down the password you sent me and the two new ones I chose and they are pretty memorable, I hope. Implement something that generates a new password AND wipes out ALL the old ones in one fell swoop. Then send me the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) A solution to this could be to do the following: - when someone asks for a password reset, create a new password for them, put it in the list, also put it in a special "reset account" password file (along with the ID). - when the user receives (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) Huh? Todd, I hope you meant to write, "I didn't think about dealing with people forgetting their passwords". People forget passwords *all* *the* *time*. That's why so many sites have such ridiculously unsecure password requirements -- so (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Password checks (was: Re: LUGNET Memberships)

(...) No, I meant exactly that: I didn't think that anyone would ever (a) forget their password or (b) not be able to just go look it up. When you put it in a cookie, you don't even have to remember it beyond that, unless you move to different (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general)