 Parts / Modification / 313
Re: From Jared Burks AKA Kaminoan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts.mod
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:41:11 GMT

In lugnet.parts.mod, Haoyang Wang wrote:
Wow!

I have a question: How many parts from the motor bike are unmodified? Mufflers
and tires?

Thanks,

Haoyang Wang

Well, while it does require you to cut your elements it is almost all Lego
parts.  Two parts completely unmodified, the tires/wheels and the little black
slope used for the seat.

Front Fork is cut off of this part:
<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=50859>

This is then cut in half at the ridge.  Slots are cut into both ends to allow
for the chains to go in.

The Chains in the fork are these:
<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30104>

Cut one end and remove 5 links per side, 10 total.  Then cut 4 more per side, 8
total, in half length wise.  Fill the 5 whole links with sculpey, and hit them
with the hair drier.  Once dry, take 4 of the 1/2 links and glue in a row, one
side of the chain.  When dry, pick it up and add a touch of glue to the spot
where the 5 links come together.  Once this is dry the link of chain is
reasonably stable, add the 1/2 links to the other side.  Allow to dry overnight.

Slide chains into slots and glue together.

Once this is done you have to build the box to reconnect the fork to the bike
body.  I did this out of styrene (ONLY NON-Lego Product used).  I did this
straight on top of the striated area of the frame to help hide its use.  Glue
fork to box.

Now you have to work on the seat, which holds the second and third piece of
Styrene and helps hold the back finder on.  First glue this slope onto the
frame:  <http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=50746>

Fill the hollow chamber on the bike frame with Sculpey.  Stick the L shaped cut
piece of styrene that will go between the figures Legs into the sculpey.  Also
stick a long straight piece of styrene in below the L shaped piece.  Then hit
the sculpey with the hair drier to create the slots that will hold these pieces.
Once dry, add a touch of glue to secure.

The back finder is cut from two of these pieces:
<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=50745>

Cut the finder off and glue to another finder.  Then you have to trim down the
finders and allow it to connect to the styrene.

Almost finished.

Now you have to cut down the tail pipes:
<http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=71137a>

Cut a mid section out of this pipe to shorten it and trim the pin down so that
it will fit into both sides of the bike.

Then get a Skull from RecluceMage and cut it in half and glue it to the top of
the fork and use the correct wheels for this bike frame and paint.  Finished.
Lego Styled Chopper