 Parts / Custom / 154
    Re: curved roof element ideas —Mathew Clayson
   (...) While a response is appreciated, I was looking for feedback on part ideas, not dogma regarding how wide I build my trains. 8) I am considering have custom parts made, or at least some prototypes. Mat (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: curved roof element ideas —John Neal
   (...) I apologize for leading this thread into yet another width debate; I was kidding around, but there is a portion of seriousness there that may merit consideration. I have cut some parts in my day, but only when there simply was no other viable (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: curved roof element ideas —Mathew Clayson
   (...) No problem, as for parts modding. I'm well down that slope. I've been known to cut a brick or plate to get a needed smaller version, I.E. a 1x1 brick in dark orange, and making custom 9v train track. My first mod was drilling holes to wire up (...) (19 years ago, 7-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: curved roof element ideas —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) Hey mat, I understand your question about manufacturing parts and here's my take on it. BBB wheels were made because TLC basically refused to do it. Now the reason fans have embraced BBB wheels is because there weren’t any alternatives. I.E. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-06, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.trains, FTX)