 Parts / 6
Re: First post?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 03:11:34 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Allan Bedford wrote:
   (1) Not that there’s anything wrong with a piece like 6069, I was simply using it to illustrate this example. In fact, when building an X-Wing, for example, I’d probably rather have the 6069 as the nose cone than two separate pieces that formed the same shape.

Both styles have their advantages. In the two specific examples that you cited, the single-piece versions not only eliminate the seam you’d get when using the split parts side-by-side, but they’re also hollow, allowing them to be secured by interior plate connections. The split parts can be used seperately, but you need to tie them together with at least one layer of plates/bricks either above or below, rather than inside.