 Parts / 395
Re: 3839a resurrected in #7662? Someone please verify?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.parts
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:59:38 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Kyle Beatty wrote:
How can one tell the difference?

In the Type I version the rods are slightly longer and have a different
position vertically.  I can't remember if they're higher or lower than
Type II.  I thought Clark had an illustrative picture in his BrickShelf
gallery, but I can't find it.

I don't know about the handle length issue, but the Type A plate has handles
that are centered vertically on the plate, and which do not meet flush with the
bottom of the plate.  The Type B plate has handles that are slung lower and
blend into the bottom edge of the plate.  You can see what the underside of the
Type A version looks like in the alternate photo on Peeron, here:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3839a?img=19650

And I agree that it's probably an inventory error, probably of the "eh, looks
like the right part" variety.