 Parts / 346
Re: Yellow/white color change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:19:06 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Daniel Barrett wrote:
You might want to follow this current thread on Bricklink that's discussing this
very issue.

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=202740

Daniel
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Helljin

Thanks for the link. This doesn't look good at all. I wonder if the "new method
of production" is a temporary fluke or something that is here to stay?

I think I could live with the yellow, but the white just looks too different
from the usual one. It's similar to the old "milky white" used in the
pre-Technic axles and the difference is comparable to the light gray/blay color
change. These new pieces definitely have a cheaper look to them, as some people
there have remarked. In fact, they're just like mega blocks.

I haven't bought many sets since the original color change a few years ago and
have mainly stuck with Bricklink parts orders, but it looks like I might have to
cut down on that too now. :(

-G

(remove the capital S's in the email)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=CP5670