 Parts / 345
Re: Yellow/white color change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 23:55:21 GMT

You might want to follow this current thread on Bricklink that's discussing this
very issue.

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=202740

Daniel
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Helljin

In lugnet.parts, Gaurav Thakur wrote:
I received a Bricklink parts order recently containing some white and yellow
pieces that look slightly different from the colors I'm used to. The colors on
these parts are a bit less saturated than those of my existing pieces. The
difference is fairly subtle but still noticeable. They actually look just like
the mega blocks versions of these colors, but they do have the standard Lego
branding on the studs. The plastic seems to be less dense than usual. If I hold
them up to a light, there is a visible color change (from the light passing
through) unlike my existing pieces. Not all of the white and yellow pieces in my
parts order were like this; it was mainly some basic bricks and plates that were
affected.

Does anyone know if Lego has made some color change here? I know about the
change with the grays in 2004, but haven't heard of anything concerning white or
yellow. Or are there a couple of slightly different shades of these colors that
the seller just got mixed up?

I haven't bought any new (modern) Lego sets for quite some time now, but this is
the first time I'm seeing anything like this.

-G

(remove the capital S's in the email)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=CP5670