 Parts / 138
137  |  139
Subject:
different types of bricks in different years?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.parts
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:47:14 GMT

Perhaps somebody can help me out. A few weeks ago I bouht an amount of lego for
my kids and myself. Some of it we will keep, but it is too much so we plan to
sell part of it. We are in the process of sorting it all out, according to
specifications of parts I found at peeron.com. But there appear to be more
differences in the parts. For example the plate 1x2. Some of them have a closed
stud (on the back side) and some of them (the newer types?) have open studs. And
e.g. the 2x2 bricks: some have two lines per side (at the "inner" side of the
brick), some are smooth and some even have an extra "crossbar".

I assume that the different types are from different years (the smooth 2x2
bricks appear to be older than the bricks with lines) but I am not sure.
However, it would be of great help if we knew what types have been produced in
which time-periods.
Does anybody know where I can find that information? And is it important to use
exactly the same bricks in e.g. a car or building if I want to sell it? (with
exactly I mean even more resemblance than the specifications peeron.com gives)

thanks, Anja