 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 9
Re: First one!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Ron Sedlmeyer writes:

Where is TexLug based? (Or is it based in any particular city)

Any particular interests? (Trains, castle, techinc)

TEXLUG is just a dream of mine right now.  It's an acronym for Texas LEGO User
Group.  So far it has one "member" - me, but several folks have shown
interest!  Since it's just a dream at this point, there haven't been any
meetings.  I did send out an initial newsletter back in August to which
several folks responded positively.

My vision is to create a Lone Star state-wide user group.  A group that would
meet periodically bringing LEGO enthusiasts across the state together.  A
group that would encourage the creation of smaller, more community (or area)
centric groups within Texas.  A group that would be a hub in a network of
other Texas LEGO-maniacs.  Other parts of the vision include holding swap
meetings, doing "jambalaya" boxes, sponsoring building demonstrations and
exhibitions, perhaps a group trip to LEGOLAND California, etc.  I read a lot
about cool LEGO happenings, but they seem to be confined to either the
California/West coast area or the East coast area.  My hope is to bring some
of those LEGO happenings to Texas.

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.  Being the father of three small children
and husband to one wife doesn't leave me a lot of time for getting out of the
area on LEGO expeditions, but I'm continually trying.

Happy building!

Karl
http://www.texlug.org