 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 296
Re: Opening Up a Can of Worms...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:00:35 GMT

Tom, TJ, et al...

Glad someone finally re-kindled discussion on this subject. My view is the
same as it always has been: We meet wherever the majority of this group says
we will meet, be it Matt's workplace cafeteria, Boeing, NI, someone's house,
the moon, or Dantooine. Although Dantooine is too remote to have an
effective meeting, but don't worry; we will deal with your LEGO friends soon
enough.

Commence primary ignition...

Er...anyway, I hate a bad host, so I quit. I am not in the loop for even
being considered as an event host, so hats off to Matt and Anthony for
making these efforts. However, I will offer whatever assistance I can. Does
anyone know if Matt is a regular peruser of this board? If he has committed
himself to hosting in March, I hope he maintains a regular watch on this
thread and keeps the rest of us informed like Anthony, Laura, TJ, and Jason
have in the past...

Some minor good news is that I've managed to pull all my LEGO out of storage
in wild anticipation of the March meeting.

Also, I am building a new LEGO website dedicated mainly to space LEGO using
all the HTML tricks I've learned thus far. I am having trouble coming up
with ideas but I am glancing over existing, similar sites while trying to be
careful not to become a copycat. I came up with a cheesey "Starfleet"
date/time system and a webpage logo but that is all for now.

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: I am building stuff for March like mad and plan to
incorporate the monorail system as a part of my space module. Some of you
folks have the monorail track and I would appreciate it if you brought some
extra track to the meeting so we can link up that way as well as the modular
method. I learn something new everyday and the last meeting was no
exception...I will label my track in the "TJ" manner with my initials on
every piece. I have more crater plates than "Buzz" Aldrin and Neil Armstrong
put together and will bring these as well. I am sure Anthony will supply us
with some big 15" x 15" gray plates if we ask him nicely...

TJ, please let me know how to incorporate my up and coming website into the
LEGO Webring if you have that information. I will also post to lugnet.space
when my website is complete.

I just love how every person in our group seems to represent a different
facet of LEGO...

Pat