 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 170
169  |  171
Subject:
Position of Website Coordinator Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:12:26 GMT

Greetings.

Due to ever-shrinking free time, I am declaring open the unofficial,
informal position of website coordinator (or webmaster if you prefer) for
the AFOLA/TEXLUG website. In case of any confusion, that website is here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~houghpt/default.htm

I am doing Texas AFOLs a great disservice which I do not wish to prolong any
further, and have yet to update the site from our last meeting of March 9.
The demands of upkeeping the site have outgrown my current energy and time
levels, and it is time to pass the site along to someone else.

Such a brave soul should, ideally, be an AFOL living within the state of
Texas, have a fair to exceptional knowledge of HTML, and stay on top of
communications with other Texas AFOLs. I have failed in that third requirement.

It is generally recognized that the website coordinator will have more or
less free rein over the website, assuming implementation of input from other
Texas AFOLs, and thus the look and feel of the website is theirs to map. One
other requirement: Find webspace for the site.

Incidentally, I also recommend getting in touch with Mr. Karl Barger, a
Texas AFOL who owns the TEXLUG.org name, and working out with him any
potential conflicts involving the TEXLUG name. As for me, I hereby
relinquish the AFOLA name to the next captain of the vessel.

Sincerely,

Pat Hough