Subject:
Challenge Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:45:27 GMT

I have a couple of ideas for a challege

    1) Line tracking with occasional breaks in the line.  The breaks could
occur regularly after some distance and be of a given distance.

    2) Find the "token".  A round ring like the sumo ring.  White with a
black line around it.  Somewhere in the arena is a "token" which the robot
needs to find.  The token could be an object that sticks up or could be a
piece of black (or other) tape.  The robot starts dead center facing a
random direction.  The winner is the one that finds the token in the
shortest amount of time.  A time limit could be imposed to prevent waiting
all day for a lost robot.  Leaving the ring would disqualify the robot.

    3) Line tracking, but instead of the fastest time, have a goal for a
given time, say 20 seconds.  The robot that completes closest to 20 seconds
wins.

    4) Sumo w/ walking robots - no wheels allowed (well at least not for
thier traditional purpose).