Subject:
BrickCon 2010 awards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 03:39:40 GMT

What an awesome robotics display we had at BrickCon this year! I really wanted
to thank Mark Kenworthy for putting together an awesome Crate Contraption! These
are very difficult to put together, and Mark did this one entirely himself! It
was a tremendous hit. A ball sorter shot four different colour zamor spheres
into four crates, a forklift emptied the crates into a big lifter, and a dump
truck refilled the sorter. Thanks for all the work!!

Also thanks to Gus Jansson for his many interactive robots, the two FLL teams
that showed two different FLL challenges, and Mary Christie's elementary school
robot display. There were also a number of other interesting robots: among them
a number of famous ones.

The awards given were:

Best Interactive Robot: Gus Jansson for his Helicopter
Most Attractive Robot: Laura Barren (Lady LEGO) for her pole dancing robot
Most Interesting Motion: Mark Kenworthy for his crate contraption
Audience Favourite: Gus Jansson for his HiTechnic Segway
Most Humanlike: Mark Kenworthy for his shooting robot

Thanks again for everyone who brought robots! I'm already looking forward to
next year!

--
  David Schilling