Subject:
SMART meeting this Saturday, September 25, 2-5pm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:42:34 GMT

I just got confirmation that we will be able to use the new Michelangelo
auditorium in the *new* DigiPen facilities for our meetings this year, starting
with this Saturday's meeting. The meeting starts at 2pm, and goes to 5pm.

Please note the new address:

DigiPen Institute of Technology
9931 Willows Road NE
Redmond, WA 98052

Here's a map (that also shows the old location, just for reference):
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/David/SMART/Maps/digipennewlocation.png>

This meeting will focus on BrickCon preparations. BrickCon starts next week. You
are welcome to show or demo any robot you've created. Our featured robots will
be "famous robots" and "interactive robots".

For famous robots, build any instantly recognizable robot, and give it the
ability to edge-track. We'll have them driving around.

For interactive robots, build something that the audience can interact with in
some way, either by controlling the robot, or some aspect of its environment.

Also at the meeting I will bring the racing oval which will be used for the
racing competition <http://news.lugnet.com/events/nwbrickcon/?n=430>, so if you
have a racing robot, you will have a chance to test it out, or at least get
sensor readings of the surface. If you can't make it to the meeting, the oval
will also be available starting Thursday afternoon on September 30th, at
BrickCon for registered attendees.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting this Saturday, and hope to
see many of you at BrickCon the following week!

--
  David Schilling