Re: September 26th SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:14:06 GMT

Reminder about this week's SMART meeting...we'll meet Saturday at DigiPen, at
2pm, as usual. Bring robots you would like to display, or robots for the walking
competitions.

See you then!

--
  David Schilling

In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling wrote:
I hope everyone had a very pleasant summer!

Now that summer's coming to an end, we'll start meeting again. There will be a
SMART meeting on September 26th. Bring any robot you are working on, but
especially ones you might consider for display/demo at BrickCon or Robothon,
both coming up in early October. SMART meetings are a great time to ask others
for help with constructing and programming your robots.

Besides showing (and running) robots, there will also be a competition at
BrickCon, essentially the same one that will be held at Robothon the following
weekend. So if you've wanted to build a walking robot, here's a chance to get
three places to show it off, and get it to work better!

You can read the rules here:
http://www.robothon.org/robothon/walking.php

For BrickCon, the only additions to the rules are: only unmodified (and unglued)
LEGO is allowed, and you can use any 3rd party sensors in addition to the ones
that come with the Mindstorms kits.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

SMART meeting: September 26th
BrickCon: October 3-4
Robothon: October 9-11

--