Subject:
May 30th, 2009 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2009 00:11:40 GMT

The next SMART meeting is on May 30th, 2009 from 2-5pm at Digipen. This will be
our last meeting before the summer.

The "mini-challenge" this time is an open challenge. Basically, bring a robot!
Something you're proud of! Perhaps it's a robot that does something difficult.
Or perhaps it was difficult to get the robot to do the seemingly simple thing
that it does! Bring something you are doing as an experiment, either completed,
in progress, or failed. We can all learn from any one of these.

In addition to the mini-challenge, Gus will do a talk on "Motor Control - How to
do it the Gus Way" Actually it was me who made up that title. He doesn't know,
so don't tell him. :-) For anyone who's seen any of his robots, they are always
a few notches above anything anyone else would (or in many cases even could)
build. His programs are the same. I'm sure that everyone attending will learn a
lot of things that will be useful for controlling your own robots. I think the
focus will be mainly on getting the LEGO "servo" motors to actually act like
servo motors. But there will probably be other things as well.

See you all in 10 days!

--
  David Schilling