Subject:
November 15th, 2008 SMART meeting Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 02:17:19 GMT

We had a great meeting last Saturday! Nine amazing walking robots for our
mini-challenge! I've posted pictures here:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=352720>

For those who didn't see the robot in a sphere I brought, here's a video of it:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXffks350os>

In January, we'll have our meeting on the 31st, and it will be a BrickHeap Wars
competition. We'll provide more details later, but in the meantime, you might
want to start getting together into teams. I recommend 3 to 6 people per team.
Very briefly, BrickHeap Wars goes like this: at the meeting we'll give out the
challenge, and then you'll have a couple of hours to build and program a robot
with the parts provided.

--
  David Schilling