Re: May 31st, 2008 SMART Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 04:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Carl Cerniglia wrote:
We were unable to attend the last meeting, but are looking forward to the next
meeting. What did you guys cover on the 31st. I remember from the April meeting
that you were planning on having so software put together for the bots.  Is
there anything that Kyle should be working on for the next meeting.  He has been
working on a robot that can load a ball into a container for the SMART-Bot City.

By the way, when is the next meeting?  Also, do you have the date for the when
the SMART-Bot City will be shown.  If I remember right, it was sometime in
October.  I am trying to planning a trip in October and will plan it around this
event

Thanks,
Carl Cerniglia
stangboy67

We made some great progress on SMART-Bot City, but didn't get everything
coordinated to the point of having robots driving around our sample city. I'll
post some pictures and video of the meeting soon.

It's great to hear that Kyle's been working on a robot! We want to have the best
display possible for this first show, and can use as many robots as we can
muster as a group for the display.

The next official meeting won't be until sometime in September. BrickCon
(http://www.nwbrickcon.org/) is October 2-5, 2008. That's where we'll show our
SMART-Bot City. I think we'll probably have to try to get together sometime
before then to test out the robots, and the September SMART meeting will likely
not give us enough time, should we need it to make major changes. So sometime
this summer I'll post a message for a time to attempt to get together to test
things out before then. If you can make it, great!

--
  David Schilling