Re: March 22nd, 2008 SMART meeting at the LEGO store!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:48:47 GMT

Easter's just a week away, which means our next meeting, the day before Easter
(Saturday) is even closer! This month we'll be meeting at the LEGO store in
Bellevue Square, from 10am to about 4pm. The mini-challenge, (and totally
coincidentally public display :-) will be to build a robot that takes chocolate
Easter eggs from the floor inside an arena and deposits them over a 2" high
wall. Your robot can actively look for the eggs, or probably just as easily
drive around until it runs into one! There will be plenty to find. How you get
it over the wall is up to you. To be safe, make sure it can lift the eggs a bit
higher than 2". Say 2 1/4".

See the previous messages in this thread on Lugnet for more details about the
robot, arena, eggs, and the special offer the LEGO store has made for people
that bring working robots.

BTW: You don't need to stay around all day. Stay an hour or two if that's all
you have. But if you can't stay longer, it would be very nice if you could drop
off your robot in the morning, and leave it for as long as possible before
picking it up. The more robots, the more variety, the more fun it will be for
people watching (and eating the eggs)!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, and their Easter egg hunt robots!

--
  David Schilling