Re: March 17, 2007 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 05:20:03 GMT

One more week until our next SMART meeting. Just a reminder that we'll be
meeting at the Renton Technical College instead of our usual location. This is
because Gus and I are giving a presentation on the NXT at the SRS meeting in the
morning. You are also welcome to attend the SRS meeting. (In fact we encourage
anyone with a demo robot to do so!) The SMART meeting will take place at 2pm, in
the same room as the SRS meeting (which starts at 10 AM).

Here's a map for how to get to the campus:
<http://www.seattlerobotics.org/rtcmap.gif>

Here's a map of what room we'll be in on the campus:
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/RTC_buildings.jpg

The mini-challenge is to build a demo bot. Something that is cool to watch,
solves an interesting problem, whatever. Let's give the SRS folks some great
examples of why they should get intrested in LEGO robotics! Besides showing the
SRS people, and as your SMART meeting mini-challenge robot, you get an
additional use for these robots less than two weeks later at BrickFest! Have you
ever got that much use out of a robot? It's like getting three times the value!

Note that the time for preregistering for BrickFest is nearing an end. If you
are considering attending, register soon at <http://www.BrickFest.com/>. There
are going to be a number of robotic events: competitions, presentations, and
discussions, as well as many robots on display, and a chance to meet other
robotic enthusiasts attending BrickFest. Read previous posts, here and in the
<http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/> group, for details.

--
  David Schilling