Re: January 2007 SMART meeting notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:29:13 GMT

At 08:01 PM 1/28/07, David Schilling wrote:
What a terrific meeting we had yesterday! I was really blown away by all the
walking robots people built. There were 7 fully working robots, and many other
prototypes that people brought as well. As usual, every design was different.
Some robots were based on the ways animal walk: everything from a prehistoric
fish just crawling out of the water, to a dog that had everything but a tail
that wagged! Others were purely robotic walkers that had little or
no analog in
the real world. And there was even one biped walker, albeit not fully
programmed.

I like Gus' line-following dog.

How well do the ears work?  Could it turn towards sounds?

Steve