Re: January 27th, 2007 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:26:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Craig Zupke wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling wrote:
In the mean time, the mini-challenge is to build a walking robot that can change
its direction (not just walk in a straight line). You can demonstrate your
robot's abilities by walking in a fixed pattern, or having it react to its
environment, say following the edge of a table or a wall, or perhaps follow some
moving object. Up to you!

--
  David Schilling

Perhaps I'm way off base, but I thought the next challenge was a coin sorter.  I
haven't built anything so I've just missed out on some thinking time if I try to
build something.

-Craig

The mini-challenge vote we had at our last meeting was close between coin sorter
and walker, but walker won.

Coin Sorter: 8 votes
Inverted Pendulum: 3 votes
Walker: 11 votes

Sorry, I should have posted something sooner. But if you have a coin sorter, or
any other robot at all, please feel free to bring it to the meeting. We're
always interested in seeing anything people have been working on.

Just in case someone missed it, the meeting is this Saturday, at 2pm, at
DigiPen. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. For anyone interested, often
after the meeting we get together for dinner (around 5pm).

BTW: This meeting will be our 6th anniversary!

--
  David Schilling