Re: July 29, 2006 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:00:26 GMT

My son Sean has built 4(!) robots for the drawing challenge.  I'm not sure how
many of them we'll end up bringing to the meeting.  The last one he built using
his new NXT set.  Total build time was under 30 minutes, and that was his first
NXT robot!  I think Lego has done a good job of making it easier to construct
robots with the NXT set.

I finally got done building my drawing robot Wednesday evening (RCX-based -
Haven't had time to dig into the NXT yet).  Now we need to spend time tonight
and tomorrow getting some code written and running on the robots.

A buddy of Sean's came over weekend before last and built a drawing robot too
(his first Lego robot).  He's joining us tonight and tomorrow to finish up his
robot (make it draw better) and get some code on it too.  He and his folks are
coming to the meeting, so there will be at least a few new faces.

We met some other people that are interested in the club as well, so they may
show up too (just to observe).

We're looking forward to see what other people have come up with!

Mark