Re: November 20th, 2004 SMART Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:25:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.smart, David Schilling wrote:

The mini-challenge is to build a robot that will pick up a set of blocks
that are placed on a 3/4" black line, and build one or more stacks of
blocks out of them. The robot can build the towers anywhere it wants, on
or off the line.
For a simpler challenge, build only two block high towers, and assume the
line
the blocks are placed on is straight. For a more difficult
challenge, build towers as high as you can, and follow a line with bends
in it. (Blocks will be placed on the line at least six inches past any
bend.)
In either case, the blocks will be placed at random intervals on the
line, with at least a small separation between blocks. They'll be
placed 'neatly' in their orientation (two sides parallel to the line).
I'm looking forward to seeing many interesting ideas for how to do this!
--
  David Schilling

Hi David

This challenge sounds like fun.  Some questions.
Will the blocks be white?
How many blocks will there be (approx.)?
How long is the course?  (to gauge speed to complete in 3 minutes)
I read some of your previous notes and understand that the challenge is 3
minutes long and no part of your vehicle may touch the blocks when done.

Thanks
Nick