Re: What's up with HiTechnic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:14:50 GMT

Here's the scoop, from their web site:

** HiTechnic Products ceases manufacture of RCX© Compatible Products **
In the face of a number of difficulties, HiTechnic Products has worked
tirelessly to continue to manufacture our complete range of sensors and to
meet the needs of our customers.  Unfortunately circumstances have now
forced us to cease manufacture and sale of HiTechnic sensors.  At this time
we do not anticipate restarting manufacturing.

In lugnet.org.us.smart, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.org.us.smart, Mark Kenworthy writes:
Anyone know what is going on with them?  They've been "reorganizing
production" for a while now, long enough that I am wondering if there is
something else going on.  Plus there was someone selling custom sensors on
eBay a while ago, which looked like old HiTechnic stock.  Has anyone heard
anything?

I heard rumor (only a rumor, I can't back this up) that the exposure they've
gotten from media such as Steve Hassenplug's TV interview has swamped them
with orders. Perhaps John can confirm. If true, that's a real testament to
the demand out there for LEGO fans :-)

-Tim