Subject:
SMART Meeting photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:11:48 GMT

Our first meeting certainly had an excellent turnout.  Like David said, we
even had to worry about fire code violations!

Thanks to everyone who came and I hope that you found the meeting useful,
educational, or at least amusing.  Personally I had a great time.  Great job
on the robots.  It is amazing how many possible solutions there are to
essentially the same problem.

I think my favorite of the edge tracking robots was the one with two
differentials implementing differential steering using one motor for
steering and one for driving.  I was amazed at how tight his construction
was.  Check out photo smart010128-3.  Nice job.  Sorry I forgot your name so
please send me a note so I can make note of your name.

I also enjoyed seeing the other, non-edge tracking robots, that people
brought. Mark, whom I also met at the Workshop3D challenge, brought a
fantastic looking car with 4 wheel steering and drive.  It was still a work
in progress so I hope we get to see more of this fantastic creation.

Anyway, I have put nine of the photos that I took on brickshelf.  Go to:

I noticed when I came home that of all the photos that I took, none were of
my own robots.  Someone suggested that I write up a little about my robots
and I plan to do that.  When done, I will post something here.

If anyone has questions, comments, suggestions etc.  Please post it here.

Gus