Subject:
WS3D RCX Challenge #5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:51:37 GMT

At NWBrickCon, Ray Freeman gave a demo of the various events that will take
place at the WS3D RCX Challenge next weekend.

I would like to extend a special thanks to him for the time he spent
explaining to large groups of people how LEGO robotics work, what the
challenges are, and putting on a great show! It was noisy, and there was a
lot of confusion with all the things going on, but Ray did a great job!

Also I wanted to thank him for lending his arena for the weekend so that we
could demonstrate the various robots, especially the line tracking and puck
gathering robots! These were a great hit, and it would have been much more
difficult without the arena to show how the robots worked.

I also want to remind everyone that next weekend IS the next RCX Challenge.
Today is the last day to register, so if you think you might have a robot
ready by Saturday, go ahead and register today. (There is a permanent link
to the WS3D site on the main SMART page).

I hope to see everyone there on Saturday. The competition starts at 1pm, but
competitors usually arrive earlier to test out their robots.

Again, thanks, Ray, for your help in NWBrickCon, and for the arena!

--
  David Schilling