Subject:
SMART meeting next Saturday: BrickHeap Wars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:07:02 GMT

There's only a week left until the next SMART meeting. We'll be having a
BrickHeap Wars at the meeting, so if you wish to participate in this, all
you need to do is show up (by 12:30)! I'll be supplying all the bricks,
RCXen, etc.

However, I still need at least two more volunteers to bring a notebook
computer with them for programming their robots. If you have a computer and
are planning on attending, please let me know: send me an email (stripping
the spam block from my address). This competition will not work if there
isn't a computer for each team to use. Note: your computer will be used by
your own team, so it will be in your control at all times.

We'll also be trying out the Simon Says robots, so if you have one of these
that you're building, bring them too. We're going to display these robots at
NWBrickCon the weekend following the meeting, so this Saturday is the only
chance we'll get to debug them.

Finally, speaking about NWBrickCon, the registration deadline is fast
approaching. If you want to attend Gus' talk on LEGO geometry (particularly
appropriate for technic and robot creations) or any of the other events at
the con, print out the form at
http://www.sealug.org/nwbrickconregistration.html and fill it out, mailing
it with the check by next Saturday. Attendance is only $10 (t-shirts extra).

--
  David Schilling