 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 30
Re: Activities/Interests?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:30:14 GMT

Hi

I mostly like the StarWars stuff.  I also am a big fan of Technic stuff.  I
missed trains in my dark years and I am now getting into that as well.  I
have a little of everything.  I have taken some fasciantion with the Artic
stuff that is out right now.  I also like this new Mars stuff.  Like I said
I like a little bit of everything.  I still like my own creations that don't
really folow in theme out there.

My first space set from the 70's was a great set for parts and Mini figs.
My dark ages lasted for sometime, but I still managed to buy a few sets in
those times.  I never lost interest entirely or anything.  I just had a lot
of other interests that I don't hold as dear as Lego's.  Now I am back with
a vengance.  I have expanded my collection by ten from my original childhood
collection.

It is a completly new hobby to me, and an outlet for a lot of creativity.  I
have had other hobbies and made a lot a money of being good at computers,
but Idon't ever want to cheapen this with money.  So now I mainly fix
computers and networks by day or night and use that to subsidize my hobby.

Can't wait for the first meeting.

Later

Rich Schoonover

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, John Kornhaus writes:
So, what interests do we have represented in the group?

My favorite themes are Classic Space ('77-80), Castle, Pirate and Star
Wars. I missed out on all the great Castle and Pirate sets the first
time around during my dark age, but am slowly building a collection of
them.

My creations have leaned towards space-themed vehicles and units to use
in a game of BrikWars. Any other BrikWars players?

I've just recently gotten into Lego trains and built my first engine
and cars to run around the Christmas tree this year. I'd like to work
with others in the area to develop a large modular layout. I'm not
really a fan of American trains, though. I prefer European engines,
trains, and buildings from the steam age.

John