 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 24
Re: Activities/Interests?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:45:34 GMT

John Kornhaus <jkornhaus@xperts.com> wrote in message
So, what interests do we have represented in the group?

My favorite themes are Classic Space ('77-80), Castle, Pirate and Star
Wars. I missed out on all the great Castle and Pirate sets the first
time around during my dark age, but am slowly building a collection of
them.

My creations have leaned towards space-themed vehicles and units to use
in a game of BrikWars. Any other BrikWars players?

I've just recently gotten into Lego trains and built my first engine
and cars to run around the Christmas tree this year. I'd like to work
with others in the area to develop a large modular layout. I'm not
really a fan of American trains, though. I prefer European engines,
trains, and buildings from the steam age.

John

Since I grew up in the 70s and 80s, for me, Lego is simple Town, Space and
Castle.  I don't really think of the other newer"themes" as themes.  They're
just subthemes under the "Big Three".  I pretty much work in all three.  In
Castle, I currently have a four base-plate castle built.  In Space, I have
several ships built, along with the main Star Wars models, and a few
micro-fig models.  Town, however, is my current area of work.  I am nine
buildings into a town layout and hope to get a few of my MOCs entered into
the current town building contest.

Re: BrikWars, I have never played but would love to try.

And I never did get around to building that Apline Village and Christmas
train for under the tree.  Oh well, I guess that is next December's project.
:-D

Tim