 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 240
239  |  241
Subject:
Library Event December 1 - Some thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 22:32:44 GMT

First of all, even though the meeting was shortened because of the Labor Day
weekend, I had a blast.  Rich, your father in law is a great guy and I
definitely look forward to seeing him some more.  He will LOVE Brickfest
next year!  Greg, the BBQ was both hilarious and a masterpiece.  You are the
DUPLO king.  I'm looking forward to the "Chick'n Shak".  Bert, keep up the
great work on the lakeside house.

Next, I wanted to get some discussion going about the idea of a December 1
"live" event.  The librarian said that she would need to know sometime this
month so they could begin to advertise (the earlier the better).  From our
random chit-chat, here are some of the impressions I got:

(1)  Great Idea.  Displays could be multidimensional - a big Town/Train
display; a Space display; a ??? display.

(2)  Kids' play/build area.  Library is willing to work with potential local
sponsors (TRU, etc.) to see if they would help out.

(3)  The library is still getting lots of questions about us and is really
interested in doing fairly regular events with us.  They suggested having a
regular "kids club" meeting and Sal suggested building workshops.

Thanks for listening.

Tim