 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 193
Re: TRU Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:05:06 GMT

"John Kornhaus" <jkornhaus@xperts.com> wrote in message
I just got back from a quick trip to the TRU on Quioccasin. I had to
pick up a couple more blue tubs to finish a MOC for BrickFest.

There is a cardboard display rack near the entrance with all four of
the new young dino sets, $4 each. I picked up a young Dimetrodon just
to see what they were like.

The instruction sheet folds out to show near photo-realistic
step-by-step instructions on one side with a nifty dino-theme playmat
on the other. My kids are going to love this!

Some of the Jurassic Park III sets were on an endcap in the regular
LEGO aisle. They look pretty cool, and the set with the plane stuck in
a tree looks like it has good parts.

Nothing much on discount. There were a few RRHQ sets for $50, but I
already got one at WalMart last year for $20.

Has anyone seen the minifig scale X-Wings locally? I'd like to get a
few more before they disappear. It seems that set should hang around
longer than most of the Star Wars stuff just for its instant brand
recognition. Maybe LEGO will introduce a new version to go with the
next few waves of SW stuff.

John

They still had some at the Store last weekend along with some Snowspeeders.
Otherwise, I have seen any locally since the beginning of the year.  I guess
they are done producing them (for now).  I would think that the X-Wing and
the Snowspeeder will probably be brought back within the next few years just
because they are definitive SW vehicles (especially the X-Wing) that are
near-universally recognized.  Plus they are both great sets (I have
multiples of each).

Tim