 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 148
Re: Another Great Get-Together!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:32:32 GMT

I agree with Greg.

I had a great time.  I enjoyed the movies and seeing the big layout of Lego
on the tables.  I am going to try to get the big conference room again if
possible.

I was also very pleased with the turn out , and the appearance of a new
member.  I hope everybody else had a good time.

I look forward to seeing you all at the end of the month.

Later

Rich

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Greg Perry writes:
Hey guys - I just wanted to say that I had a really great time at our
meeting on Saturday.  Of course, it's awesome just to able to gab about LEGO
for hours on end with other "enthusiasts" (a polite term for obsessed).  As
always, I was amazed at hour quickly the hours fly by when I hanging out
with my RichLUG pals - definitely a difference sense of time flow than that
experienced during my typical monday-friday.

As far as meeting specifics go - Tim, I just wanted to say that I'm blown
away by your collection of buildings. There are so many details that I
couldn't list them all but in particular I loved the yellow hotel and the
details of the blank,black mini-fig ornamentation.  I also expressed to you
how much I dug the building with the restaurant balcony over the sidewalk.
The other two details that stuck in my mind (mainly because I'm already
thinking about how I'm going to make use of your ideas) were the dumpster
next to the firestation and the air conditioning units.

Rich S., the super-truck was unbelievable.  I'm always impressed by models
that are incredibly HUGE but are still intended for mini-figs.  Also, thanks
for taking care of reserving the meeting space.

Bert - the train collection is always amazing (and jealousy inducing). It's
going to be cool having it set up for the display.  More importantly after
seeing our set up on Sat. with your trains/track and Tim's buildings and
additional contributions from the rest of us I think we definitely could
pull off a great train display.  We definitely need to start working on that.

Rich J. - thanks for coming up from Norfolk.  It was good to meet another
fan from the online community in person.  Wish you could have been there
longer.  I enjoyed (as did everyone else - particularly the kids that were
there) your robot creation.  Makes me want to get involved just so I could
have something to torture my cat with.  Hope you can make it in the future -
our meeting on June 30th will primarily be involved with setting up the
display case but you're definitely welcome to come hang out for day (or any
part of it).

And John and David - great to see you guys and have a chance to talk again.
Hope to see you at the end of the month - bring some stuff over for the display!

I enjoyed getting to show my videos on the big projection screen.  Even
though I've now seen them many, many times (and tend to focus more on my
errors and things I would do differently) it was still cool for me to get to
see them up on "the big screen".  Thanks for the interest everyone showed.

Now that we've discovered how cool that big room is I definitely want to try
and nab it again in the futre.  I have a couple of other videos we can look
at in the future.  One is a video that LEGO sent to me which is a collection
of snippets from the finalists in last year's video contest.  Also includes
the full videos for the 3 winners so you can see the other two that won
besides my "Secret Treasure" one.

The other video I have is one I made at LEGOLand CA.  Most of this is just a
lot of detailed taping of the models in Miniland to show the details of the
buildings and scenes.  But I also have lots of shots of the various
sculptures and attractions around the park.  Some pretty amazing things made
out of bricks.

So those are a couple of things we watch do later on this year at some
meetings if we have the same room again.

That's about it except to say I'm looking forward to the 30th and having the
chance to cram that display case at the library full of bricks!

G.