 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 122
Re: July Display and Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 18:29:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.richlug, Timothy D. Freshly writes:
"Rich Schoonover" <rwschoonover@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Hi

I am planning on bring a lot of my vehichles and maybe a building or two. • I
bringing several of my starwars ships, and one of my large technic cars.
Too bad I ripped the silver champion apart.

I have been gathering some art work to use for our logo.  I should have
something together soon.  I am not to hot on logos that look too legoish.
There are some lug logos out there that look pretty good.  Wamalug and the
seatle lug look good.  I found some artwork that has the richmond skyline.
I thought we could start with that and ad some lego stuff and see what
happens.  I will post the pictures at brickshelf when I get some • preliminary
stuff finished.  If anyone else out there can use photoshop and come up • with
something feel free to post it at brickshelf.  If you need the brickshelf
logon email me and I will email you the access.

I am also going to bring some of my train stuff as well.

Later

Rich

Great!  The June 2 meeeting should be a virtual fest of creations.  I really
spent a lot of time this weekend on my town layout and have come up with a 6
baseplate x 5 baseplate layout.  I left room on one side for a train
yard/station (maybe Bert's red Metrostation) and other buildings.  I still
need to fill in details which I will be working on from now until the
meeting but I am bringing my entire layout on June 2 to help plan the
layout.

I like your idea for a logo.  The City of Richmond also has a logo (IIRC, it
is the outline of the Lee Statue) but we may not be able to use/modify that
on copyright grounds.  The skyline sounds unique yet recognizable (at least
locally).

Does anyone know if we might be allowed to bring lunch into the Library
meeting room?  I know most libraries do not allow food.  If not, we may want
to consider locking the room and going to lunch somewhere nearby since it
will likely be a full day meeting.

Tim

Man it sounds like Tim has quite a layout prepared.

I just wanted to let you know that the library said it would lock the room
up anytime we need to go eat.  All we have to do is go to the desk and tell
them we are going to take a lunch.

Talk to you later

Rich