 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 101
100  |  102
Subject:
TRU & Missed Opportunity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:03:56 GMT

I finally made it into the Toys 'R' Us at Regency today to see if there were
any sale items left.  The blue tubs are back to regular price but the Rock
Raiders sets are still on sale.

At first I couldn't find much looking in the regular LEGO aisle but in
wandering around to make sure I didn't miss anything I discovered a whole
other LEGO section (across the center area of the store and closer to the
front).  This section has all the larger RR clearance sets and a selection
of SW, LoM, Alpha Team and soccer sets.  There's a big LoM alien mini-fig
cardboard cut-out and another cardboard, multi-tiered LEGO display.

To my utter disgust I discovered that 3/18 - 4/18 is (pretty much was) LEGO
month at TRU.  There were a couple of special events, the most recent this
past Saturday 4/14 (the Life on Mars Event).

I wish I had known that this was going on - it probably would have been a
great opportunity for RichLUG to introduce itself to the TRU folks and maybe
even meet someone from LEGO. Oh well.

Did anyone else make it to any of the Events at the store?

I'll probably be going back soon for more copies of the 4930 sets (RR
mini-figs) so maybe I'll see if I can talk to a manager about grabbing any
leftover LEGO junk that could possibly be used for the display in July.

Over and out,

G.