 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 100
99  |  101
Subject:
Train Workshop (was Re: BrickFest Registration)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:06:17 GMT

This is a cross-posted message (with edits) from the Wamalug newgroup.
Since we are looking towards running some train displays in the (near)
future, for those of us going to Brickfest this year, we should attend this
workshop.  The group members referred to (I believe) are from the Greater
Midwestern Lego Train Club which is one of the longest existing train clubs.
I am sure that they have lots of great tips and experiences to share.

Tim

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
[snip]
PS I have volunteered for two clinics... one on train shows and one on • model
building. I see both of those as potentially involving whatever other
trainheads show up and want to participate. • [snip]
1. Larry Pieniazek and other train club members (t.b.a.) will lead a
roundtable discussion on train shows.

Topics will include
- Effective show planning, a trial calendar
- Resources available to you
- Do's and Don'ts
- Clinics! Why they are a money maker for your club
- Effective negotiation with GATS/Greenberg et. al.
- Show day Tips and tricks
[snip]